Wednesday 27 February 2013

Topshop Magic Liner Review

Now, I'm guessing that if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram then a lot of you will already know about my EXTREME obsession with Topshop. If not, let me just tell you, I solemnly swear I keep that place in business. As much as I ADORE their clothes range though, I've always been quite sceptical about trying their makeup range since it's release a few years back.

For me, when a clothes store releases makeup, it always feels like it's just a disaster waiting to happen. Remember the saying- Jack of all trades, but a master of non? So yeah, Topshop releasing a makeup range had me feeling rather unsure. But last month I was desperately looking for a new liquid based liner. I've been using gel for quite a few months and even started using pencil liner before Christmas, which is great for daily use, but just doesn't cut it for the evening glitz and glammer! I have previously used liquid eyeliners from Rimmel and have tried some felt tip liner's from Maybelline. I found that liquid eyeliner was WAY to messy and time consuming for me (in previous years I may have had the time to faff around with cotton buds and cat flicks but I'm a full time student now!) and felt tips seemed to dry up super fast.


So, whilst getting my Topshop fix of the week (yes, the week...) on, I decided to have a meander of their makeup goods. I read a few reviews online about their 'Magic Liner' and decided at £6.50, I couldn't go wrong. The colour is called 'Engraved' which is just a creative word for Black. The applicator is felt tip for precise application. Now, with most felt tip eyeliners, you tend not to get the same pigmentation and bold statement as you do with a liquid liner. And as I've mentioned previously, the felt tip can often dry up, meaning it must be pressed against something to soak in the product (this can get a bit messy, especially if you are in a rush) But after a month of using this eyeliner, I can honestly say it is the best I have ever used. The application is really precise which is perfect for those who want to cat flick but can't be asked with the hassle of the liquid. The tip does not tend to dry up quickly and it wasn't until the fifth use that I felt I had to add pressure to the nib. I feel like this is probably the most pigmented and hassle free eyeliner ever. It's so precise that the tip of the liner can be used to stick close to the lash line (for more understated makeup looks) or turned on it's side to stroke the liner across the middle of the lid (for bolder and more statement looks). The other GREAT thing about this product is that it doesn't smudge!! I can't abide it when I get home from college to find my eyeliner is half way down my cheeks, so this liner is also great for pre-longed wear, keeping you looking and feeling as fresh as the moment the liner went on. 

The liner is also SUPER smooth. I don't know about you guys, but when I'm using liquid liner, I often find that after a while, the liquid begins to go flakey, which is a pain in the ass when you've spent half an hour trying to get a flick for half of it to then fall off from your face!! This liner just glides across the lid for a super smooth and bright eyed finish. 


SO if it's a signature Amy Winehouse flick you are looking for or a demure Zooey Deschanel, this eyeliner is perfect for your everyday look! Easy to apply, great colour and won't budge! Get your hands on this beauty from your local Topshop. You won't regret it! 


www.topshop.com





Love 
x

1 comment: