Tuesday 6 November 2012

Conceal it! Concealer Reviews (Benefit+Rimmel+Collection2000)


I'm not to sure about you girlies, but it's feels like I've been searching for the perfect concealer for a life time!



Ever since Maybelline discontinued my favourite concealer ever: The Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector, I have been struggling to find any concealer that amounts to it's fabulous coverage and pleasing application. 

After months of research, here I am to present you with three of the concealers I have been using for the last few months. All these concealers were either personally recommended by shop assistants or friends or have been brought due to strong reviews. 

So here are the contestants for the BEST CONCEALER ON THE MARKET!

The Nominees are...

Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer 
Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection Concealer 
and Benefit's Erase Paste.
The first concealer I purchased was the Benefit's Erase Paste. Unlike the other nominees for the contest, Erase Paste, like most Benefit products comes with a hefty price tag, averaging around 20 pound. I purchased the Erase Paste after a recommendation from a makeup artists in my local Debenhams. The Erase Paste appears pretty much as it says on the tin, in a pasty consistency which can be applied through a small spoon like application or through the fingers. 
For me this was the first sign that my relationship with this concealer was set to hit rock bottom before we'd even reached the honeymoon period. I don't like the idea of concealers being quite thick and cakey as they have a greater probability  of creasing throughout the day. It was also quite greasy which I found off putting. I also did not like the idea of using my fingers to apply the paste straight from the case as this would increase the level of bacteria within my makeup (I would continuously be placing my fingers inside the product itself). 
These issues aside, I decided to give the Erase Paste a chance to prove itself. For a few months I used this concealer and these were the pros and cons I found with the product throughout the time I have been using it. 

Pros 
The product has great coverage. All dark areas were covered and the concealer's brightening effect left my under eyes looking more awake. 
The colour really suited my foundation and my skin, complimenting most shades of my foundation range. (No. 1 Fair)
Cons
The product had a very cakey and thick consistency.
The concealer creased under my eyes throughout the day and was not long lasting due to it's pasty constancy. 
The product was quite greasy. 

Overall, although the product gave great coverage, it had a very thick and creamy consistency, which meant the product creased throughout the day. It also felt thick under my eyes. I don't personally believe the product is worth it's money and there are cheaper and similar products available which can provide the same brighting coverage that this concealer provides. 

I would give this product: 3/5 stars.

The second concealer was Rimmel's Wake Me Up Anti-Fatigue Effect + Radient Glow concealer in 030 Classic Beige. This product has been raved about by many beauty buyers across the nation. So I decided to give it a try myself. The product cost me 5.99 from a local supermarket. I used it for 2 months with my Benefit Hello Flawless foundation yet still found the concealer was quite dark for my under eyes (even though it is one of the lightest out of Rimmel's 4 shades). Your concealer should be at least 2 shades lighter then your foundation. 

I did, however, like the application of this concealer. I love the traditional wand application as I find it easier to apply and it also reduces bacteria within your makeup. The coverage overall was not as great as I expected it to be. My dark circles were still quite visible and I did not feel the product presented much of the promised anti-fatigue effect. The product was also not very long lasting throughout the day which lead to the need to re-apply half way through the day, something I'm very sure most woman do not have time for!

Here I have wrapped up the pros and cons of the product overall. 

Pros
The product is quite light to wear and has an easy, clean wand application. 
The product is not very visible against the skin so can be worn alone.

Cons
The product is not long lasting leading to re-application half way through the day. 
The product does not provide a great deal of coverage.

Overall the product is worth it's money but is not as strong as other similar concealers on the market. It is not long lasting and does not create enough coverage for those with pale skin and therefore more prominent dark circles under the eyes. 

I would give this product: 3 1/2 stars


Our last nominee is Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection concealer from Superdrug. This concealer cost me 4.99, making it the cheapest of our nominees. I have watched and read some shining reviews across the web by makeup enthusiasts (including some of the biggest names in beauty blogging) so felt it was only fair to give this product a try. 

I was unsure of purchasing the product at first due to it's brand. I tend to stick to brands I have used for years or my family have used as I feel they are more trusted and less likely to make my sensitive skin react badly. But I felt I could not miss out on giving this brand a go. I have only been using the product for a few days now but already feel it is an excellent substitute for my beloved Maybelline. It uses a wand application and is extreamly easy to apply. 

The consistently of the product is quite light and I did not feel it was heavy under my eyes. Due to it's long lasting effect which can see it work for 16 hours, it takes a lot to budge this from your under eyes. This means I do not have to reapply the product halfway through my college day, which is fabulous! 

It also gave strong coverage and really hid my dark circles well, making me look wide awake and brightening my eye area. The product also mixed well with my foundation in Fair. It mixes well with a few of my foundation shades which means I will not have to continuously be changing my concealer depending on my foundation. 

Here are a few pros and cons to wrap the product up overall:

Pros 
Light constancy means it does not feel heavy under the eyes or crease. 
Wand makes for clean and easy application.
Strong coverage. 

Cons 
The product dried quickly making it harder to blend with foundation. 
The concealer is hard to remove at the end of the day.



Overall I believe this product was the strongest of the three due to it's long lasting effect yet light consistency which meant no creasing or reapplying throughout the day! I will defiantly be buying this product in the future and other products from the Collection 2000 range. 

I would give this product: 5/5 stars

AND THE WINNER, OF BEST CONCEALER ON THE MARKET IS AWARED TO..........


COLLECTION 2000's LASTING PERFECTION CONCEALER!

So it just goes to show, sometimes the cheapest product is the strongest!

I would defiantly recommend this product to anyone looking for a new concealer. 


If you would like me to post images of me wearing all three of this concealers then please comment me. I would also love to hear any of your suggestions for reviews I should do in the future! 

Thank you very much for reading this and I will post again soon. 

G
oxoxoxo


BUY THEM HERE:

5 comments:

  1. Great post, I love your blog :) Really well written! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very helpful, thanks! I've been struggling to decide between the Wake Me Up concealer and Lasting Perfection by Collection for ages, but I think this may have just made my decision. :] xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok! Thanks for reading :) Both are great concealers for different jobs! x

      Delete
  3. My name is Promise Dickson am from Texas USA. I want to share a testimony of how Dr. OLU herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can make love to my wife and my penis was just too small my name is Promise dickson Finch am from Texas USA. I want to share a testimony of how Dr. OLU herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr. OLU. herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have weak erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. You can contact him via (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) You can contact him today and get your problem solved.Call +2348140654426 .." or you can also contact him through his what-app +238140654426

    ReplyDelete