Sunday 11 November 2012

Westfield, London + Hemel Haul

A few weeks ago I made a trip to London, Hammersmith for an Ed Sherran Concert and decided to stay over night. The next day, with little plans as to how to spend the morning before we ventured back, I realised that Westfield Shopping Centre (One of the UK's biggest shopping centres EVER) was just round the corner. With designer stores and high end shops galore, I knew I would end up spending a great deal of money in there. Thankfully though, I did not have enough cash on me to go venturing anywhere near the top designers, some of which included Jimmy Choo, Dior, Gucci and Prada. So I stuck to the shops I knew best. 

The Topshop in Westfeild is not the biggest in London, I believe that award goes to the Oxford Street one, but it is still a great size and offers a great deal of the new season and rare pieces that I often can't get my hands on in my local TS. There was also an end of season sale going on when I was there which for me is like dancing a Battenburg cake in front of my eyes, I can't resist it! I only three items in the sale, two included jewellery and the other a lovely plum coloured crochet collared top which is truly to die for. It cost me 15 pound which compared to it's original 34 pound price tag was a bargain! Although you can no longer purchase this item online (it may still be in the instore sale) you can purchase a similar crochet collar top which I think is equally as nice here: 

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=6346616&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=&searchTerm=crochet%20collar&resultCount=1


 I also always appear to be attracted to Topshop's knitwear every winter. I have almost always owned a Topshop knitwear piece during the winter season and although slightly pricey they are totally worth their money in warmth. This year I grabbed myself a knitted textured grunge jumper which is super snug. It comes in a bottle green which alongside aubergine and burgundy is one of my favourite autumn season colours. It cost me 36 pound which for many is a little too much to pay for a jumper but I personally believe Topshop clothing is worth the money! You can also purchase this jumper in aubergine, cobalt (a baby blue colour) and black. 


I also visited another one of my favourite shops at Westfield, River Island. I love River Island not only because their clothes are so unique and eye catching but also because the shop holds a special place in my heart for other reasons. My nan was the manageress of River Island back when it was Chelsea Girl in the 60's/70's. River Island even continue to sell a clothing range under the name Chelsea Girl so if you were wondering why that was then there is your answer. I'm extra in love with their knit wear and blouses. Their blouses are extra dainty and so 60's mod fashion, so I had to pick up this bow neck blouse when I saw it. It is sheer making that bit feminine but it also beautifully fitted and the white and black contrast is just so sophisticated/smart. I fell in love with it immediately. I wear it with a blazer and fitted denim jeans to give that casual yet smart feel to the outfit. It cost me 20 pound which is quite a good price for a fitted blouse. You can grab a navy one online here:

http://www.riverisland.com/women/blouses--shirts/shirts/Navy-sheer-bow-neck-blouse-630176

I'm not a MASSIVE Primark fan and am a tiny bit of a snob when it comes to my clothing. I usually shop in Topshop, River Island or Miss Guided as I have found from previous experience of Primark that there items do not last very long and are not of good quality. 

However, that may have just been my local Primark as when I visited Hemel's Primark this week I found their items to be a lot more appealing. For some reason the shop had a much better feel to it and the clothes appeared better looking and of a better quality. I think this may have just been the fact that the Hemel Primark sells better items then my local one and is a better overall shop. Maybe my local Primark is the last to receive Primark's new season items? Who knows! If you do know, comment me below! 

But for the first time in a LONG time, I purchased some items from Primark. The first being this really adorable white peplum from Primark's Atmosphere range. The Peplum has a really sweet mesh shoulder and back which I absolutely loved as I love mesh detail on clothing. It adds that femininity whilst keeping it tasteful and sophisticated (which I adore). I have two other peplum tops from Topshop in burgundy and grey latex fabric which means the fabric is really moveable and fits nicely around your chest area. This top is not the same fabric but still has that stretch that I like in a tight fitted top. The fabric part is embellished with golden specs which really makes the top stand out and would make it an extra glamourous evening piece. For the first time I actually feel as though this Primark item will last me a while. It feels great quality, especially the mesh detail, which I was really surprised about and for 8 pound, the top is a bargain as well as a great quality of product. 


I also purchased this long Guns and Roses tank top. I have been looking for a top like this for a while as I often see people teaming similar band tees with leggings or shorts and thought it would be a great item to add to my college clothes collection. I love the glittery embellishment on the top especially as it gives the item that girly touch that you do not often find with band tees. The product is also of great quality and like most cotton based tank tops, is lightweight and breathable. I love the detail within the logo as well as it really show cases the beauty of the Guns and Roses band logo. I will be teaming this top with black leggings or denim jeans in the winter months and hopefully shorts during the summer, making it a diverse piece for all year round. This tank top cost me 6 pound! What a bargain! 

That concludes my London and Hemel Haul but if you would like to ask me any questions about the items, please don't hesitate to comment! 

:) 

Thanks
G


No comments:

Post a Comment