Wednesday 14 November 2012

Rimmel- Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick


Now I'll be the first to admit that lipstick has never been my favourite 'can't live without' makeup product over the years. Being of a rather pale complexion I have always felt lipsticks tend to look wrong against my skin and often don't suit me. But over the last two years my love affair with lipsticks has really ignited. 

However, I am not very experimental with my lip colour and have only ever brought the classic red. Then, whilst searching through my local Boots a few weeks back, I found Kate Moss's new lipstick collection. 

For those who might not know who Kate Moss is (You never know!), she is the UK's biggest international super model and once dated Johnny Depp! I know right!?!

So, when Kate Moss signs her name over to a product, it's usually a massive success (take her Topshop range for instance). That wasn't the only thing that instantly drew me to the product though. The lipstick has a lasting finish giving it a matte application. I don't know about you but I love lipsticks that are matte as they really allow the product to stay true to it's colour. It's important that a makeup product transfers the exact colour it is showing me. 

I recently purchased two MUA lipsticks (I'll write up a review about those ones) and found that the colour's transfer to my lips was nothing like the original colour so it was great for me that the Kate Moss lipsticks really were the exact same colour as the were show. 

The lipstick also does not need re-applying as much as a lot of the lipsticks I have tried as the colour almost stains the lips (in a good way!).

I also love the feel of these lipsticks. They aren't too heavy and glide on for a smooth application. I brought two of the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish lipsticks in Shade 01 and 03. Shade 01 is a dark, vampy red colour and 03 is a nude. I felt the two colours really complimented my skin and didn't wash me out like most lip products do. Overall I just really liked the application and look of these lipsticks. I am a really big fan of Rimmel products and feel that they are possibly the best high street makeup brand with strong products at a reasonable price. I would, however, like some more shades in this specific lipstick- especially some vampy winter colours like Mac often produce!

I would definitely recommend you give these beauties a try though! You won't be disappointed and at £5.49 who can resist?





http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Kate-Lasting-Finish-Lipstick_1230439/

No comments:

Post a Comment